What are the symptoms of mold illness and how do you clear your body and home from mold?
My guest, Dr. Emily Kiberd, shares her story of recovering from mold illness symptoms and navigating more than a dozen moldy homes.
A chiropractor, Dr. Emily Kiberd never expected to add “mold specialist” to her list of qualifications.
But then, she also never expected to find herself in at least seven moldy homes over the past 14 years, from New York City to Colorado.
Across the years, she’s repeatedly seen mold-related symptoms arise in herself and her family. Each time, she’s had to take a multi-pronged approach to detox her body and either leave her home or remediate.
Emily shared her journey and what she’s learned along the way about recovery, inspection, remediation, and more. She’s back on the podcast after sharing her story of putting Hashimoto’s into remission.
In our conversation, you’ll hear about…
- Her journey of escaping mold across multiple homes in two states
- The mold-triggered symptoms she experiences and the symptoms she sees in her kids
- How Emily has addressed her own and her family’s mold symptoms
- Other symptoms that may be linked to mold
- How she’s addressed mold in various homes
- How you might approach finding mold in your own home
- Types of mold testing for your body and home
- Ways to save money by starting with your own visual inspection and some tools to do this on your own
- When to hire mold inspectors and remediators
- What happens if you can’t find the source?
- How to decide whether to stay or go if your home is moldy
- How certain molds like certain types of materials and how to correlate that with your lab tests
About Dr. Emily Kiberd
Dr Emily Kiberd is a chiropractor of 16 years, mama to Elvis and Brooklyn, and founder of Thyroid Strong, the only doctor-designed strength program for the Hashi ladies to work out without burnout. Thyroid Strong marries the functional movement workouts with functional medicine to heal Hashimoto’s symptoms.
She put her own Hashimoto’s into remission with dietary changes, refinement in her exercise routine, and lifestyle changes, including addressing underlying environmental toxins.
She’s recovered from mold exposure numerous times and shares the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to mold detox, mold inspection, and remediation. She now helps her clients living with Hashimoto’s do the same to get rid of their brain fog and finally thrive.
Mentioned resources and links:
Find Emily: www.DrEmilyKiberd.com and @DrEmilyKiberd
“Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings,” Ritchie Shoemaker
“Break the Mold: 5 Tools to Conquer Mold and Take Back Your Health,” Dr. Jill Crista
Home mold testing:
Listen to Rebuilding My Health Radio wherever you find your favorite podcasts…
Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, Alexa, Spotify, and much more!
Get a copy of our free guide, Break Free from Chronic Illness: 4 Insights from Hundreds Who Have Done It.
Follow Rebuilding My Health:
Audio Production, Mix & Podcast Editing by Sonorous Laboratory LLC – https://sonorouslab.com
The information on this site is for educational and inspirational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of qualified professionals. Keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another. Always consult your healthcare practitioners before beginning new approaches or treatments. Some links on Rebuilding My Health may be affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission - with no additional cost to you - if you make any purchases using those affiliate links. Rebuilding My Health is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Learn more.