Solving “Almost-Autism” Symptoms Like Sensory Processing Disorder
I’m excited to bring you today’s guest, Maria Rickert Hong, who helped guide her sons out of multiple health struggles.
Long story short, early on, one of her sons showed signs of sensory processing disorder, digestive issues, developmental delays and other health concerns. After they weren’t finding answers in conventional medicine, she turned to a naturopath and a variety of practitioners for help.
By finding and addressing the causes behind her son’s health issues, they were able to turn them around.
In my talk with Maria, you’ll hear…
- The mix of health struggles, including sensory processing disorder, that led Maria to describe her son’s condition as “almost autism”
- Her own health issues and how she believes they were linked to her son’s struggles
- The specific therapies and practitioners that helped Maria and her son
- Why she removed her mercury dental fillings
- The diet changes that improved many of her son’s symptoms
- The link between developmental delays and what’s called retained primitive reflexes
- How their family addressed Lyme disease and PANS/PANDAS
- Why you have to do your own research and be your own and your child’s advocate
- And how all this inspired Maria to leave Wall St. to become a health practitioner
Author of “Almost Autism”
Maria Rickert Hong is a former Wall Street sell-side equity research analyst who is now a Certified Holistic Health Counselor. She is the author of the bestselling book Almost Autism: Recovering Children from Sensory Processing Disorder and the co-author of Brain Under Attack: A Resource for Parents and Caregivers of Children with PANS, PANDAS, and Autoimmune Encephalitis. Maria is the Education and Media Director for Epidemic Answers, the 501(c)3 sponsoring non-profit of The Documenting Hope Project. She can be reached at www.MariaRickertHong.com.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also like: Crossing Out an Autism Diagnosis: One Family’s Story.
Listen to the Rebuilding My Health Radio Podcast
Listen to Rebuilding My Health Radio wherever you find your favorite podcasts…
Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, Alexa, Spotify, and much more! If you enjoyed this episode, we truly appreciate your subscribing/following, rating and reviewing it. It helps tremendously with others finding our podcast.
Get a copy of our free guide, 4 Ways to Ease, Reverse or Even Eliminate Chronic and Complex Illnesses.
Follow Rebuilding My Health:
Podcast Edit and Mix by Sonorous Lab Studio.
The information on this site is for educational and inspirational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of qualified professionals. Keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another. Always consult your healthcare practitioners before beginning new approaches or treatments. Some links on Rebuilding My Health may be affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission - with no additional cost to you - if you make any purchases using those affiliate links. Rebuilding My Health is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Learn more.