In this week’s episode, we’re talking with Margaret Romero, who shares her stunning lupus turnaround story. After a sudden and dramatic health crash, she received a lupus nephritis diagnosis and was told she would likely be on the kidney transplant list in five years.
Instead, she’s thriving and no longer has any signs of lupus. She can even be in the sun again, which is something that lupus patients are told to never do.
A nurse practitioner by training, Margaret ultimately sleuthed the root causes behind her own health issues, began addressing them, and engineered a complete lupus recovery.
Margaret Romero is a Columbia-trained nurse practitioner who uses functional medicine to treat chronic illness, autoimmunity, and women’s health issues. She’s been a clinical instructor and taught Functional/Integrative Medicine at Columbia University. She’s the host of The Sacred Medicine Podcast and author of From Flare to Fabulous: 25 Things You Must Do to Avoid Your Next Lupus Flare.
In my conversation with Margaret, you’ll hear…
- The signs and symptoms that preceded Margaret’s lupus diagnosis
- The DNA testing that gave her a major clue in easing her lupus
- How lab testing found additional root causes, including digestive issues, hormonal imbalances and nutritional deficiencies
- How Margaret gradually refined her lupus treatment over the years
- What her diet looked like
- The importance of managing stress
- The most valuable type of practitioner if you have lupus or another autoimmune condition
- The diet changes that improve most autoimmunity within a couple of months
- And Margaret’s tips for others with autoimmunity
And grab her free guide, 10 Things You Can Do to Create Vitality Despite Having Lupus.
Listen to the Rebuilding My Health Radio Podcast
Listen to Rebuilding My Health Radio wherever you find your favorite podcasts…
Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, Alexa, Spotify, and much more! If you enjoyed this episode, we truly appreciate your subscribing/following, rating and reviewing it. It helps tremendously with others finding our podcast.
Get a copy of our free guide, 4 Ways to Ease, Reverse or Even Eliminate Chronic and Complex Illnesses.
Follow Rebuilding My Health:
Podcast Edit and Mix by Sonorous Lab Studio.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also like: No More Lupus Symptoms or Markers for New Jersey Woman.
The information on this site is for educational and inspirational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of qualified professionals. Keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another. Always consult your healthcare practitioners before beginning new approaches or treatments. Some links on Rebuilding My Health may be affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission - with no additional cost to you - if you make any purchases using those affiliate links. Rebuilding My Health is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Learn more.