Oxalate Toxicity: The Unexpected Culprit Behind Pain, Digestive and Skin Issues
In this episode, I’m talking with Sally Aponte, who was finally on the road to recovery after diagnosing celiac disease. Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition where your body is not able to digest gluten, which is in so much of what we eat in the Western diet.
Sally began a gluten-free diet and then later, a keto diet, and felt better for a while. But then, she started having a fresh set of health challenges to unravel. She ultimately discovered the cause behind it and has gone on to become an expert in this area.
Finding Oxalate Toxicity
In this episode, we discuss…
- How Sally finally linked digestive symptoms, hair loss, weakness, and skin issues to celiac disease
- Why her symptoms and energy improved but then worsened again on a gluten-free diet and then a keto diet
- The cause behind joint pain and new skin issues: oxalate toxicity
- What oxalates are and some of the highest oxalate foods
- Why a daily green smoothie may not be the healthiest option for everyone
- The types of symptoms that might be linked to oxalate toxicity
- How oxalates can contribute to kidney stones
- The best type of testing for oxalate levels
- Why it’s important to detox from oxalates slowly
- And how oxalate buildup is not just about what you eat
Sally’s experience inspired her to pursue alternative healing methods, which led her to become a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. Sally Aponte is both a Physical Therapist Assistant and an FDN coach. Her mission is to empower individuals who suffer from chronic digestive problems and oxalate toxicity by providing them with the right tools and lifestyle choices needed to live a healthy life, free from disease, and enjoy their golden years to the fullest.
How to find Sally:
To learn more about Sally, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or check out her Facebook group.
Listen to Rebuilding My Health Radio wherever you find your favorite podcasts… Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, Alexa, Spotify, and more! If you enjoyed this episode, we truly appreciate your subscribing/following, rating and reviewing it. It helps tremendously with others finding our podcast.
More Health Success Stories
Find more integrative and natural health success stories on our site. If you enjoyed this, you might like: A Florida Woman Reverses Advanced Osteoporosis Naturally.
The information on this site is for educational and inspirational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of qualified professionals. Keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another. Always consult your healthcare practitioners before beginning new approaches or treatments. Some links on Rebuilding My Health may be affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission - with no additional cost to you - if you make any purchases using those affiliate links. Rebuilding My Health is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Learn more.